The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NNMi/uCMDB Cannot discover Layer2 links

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Wes Kaufmann
Collector

NNMi/uCMDB Cannot discover Layer2 links

I have integrated NNMi 8.12 to uCMDB 8.02. However, I get the following error:

Cannot discover Layer2 links

I see that I have a network topology discovered but nothing is in the layer two view.

P.S. This trhead has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

8 REPLIES
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: NNMi/uCMDB Cannot discover Layer2 links

Please refer to this thread - I explained the possible root cause there and gave the proper JAR which should be placed on the probe to overcome a problem.
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1363528
Wes Kaufmann
Collector

The article says that this is fixed in uCMDB 8.02. I am running uCMDB 8.02 so hasn't it been fixed and how can I check the version to confirm? The article didn't have anything attached to it so I have nothing to compare to.
Wes Kaufmann
Collector

I did review the nnm_sdk.jar file that you has posted in the thread. When I opened it up it looks like it is mostly dated 2/2/2009. The nnm_sdk.jar file that came with 8.02 is dated 9/8/2008. So the article says it was fixed but I guess not. When I opened up the jars to compare the contents there were some differences noticed with the CRC checksums.

So I copied it over and re-ran. Got different results and still no layer two topology....

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Traceback (innermost last):
File "", line 2, in ?
File "NNM_Integration", line 32, in DiscoveryMain
File "NNM_Integration_Utils", line 917, in mainFunction
File "NNM_Integration_Utils", line 657, in createLayer2Links
File "modeling", line 374, in createCompleteHostOSHByInterfaceList
Exception: getHostKey, Could not find valid mac for host_key
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

I would suggest you to take & install latest DDM Content Pack (currently DDM CP4) which, AFAIK, has this issue addressed.
Wes Kaufmann
Collector

Doesn't look like CP4 is released yet.
Andy Wolin
Super Collector

I believe I have this same issue. I am also at 8.0.2 CP3. Any idea when CP4 will be available?
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

CP4 is already available and can be downloaded from the new DDM Community portal that is now customer-facing and not only HP internal:

https://h20090.www2.hp.com/
Wes Kaufmann
Collector

Adding the updated jar files and content pack 4 fixed my NNMi integration problems.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event