UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NNM and uCMDB integration

Highlighted
Anjeneya.dubey
Frequent Visitor

NNM and uCMDB integration

I want to push the network topology discovered/configured by NNM into the uCMDB. Can some one help me understand the process of doing this?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

15 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

Re: NNM and uCMDB integration

The process heavily depends on product versions. What versions of uCMDB and NNM do you use?
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

If we're talking about most recent versions of uCMDB & NNM - there's a special Discovery Job which pulls out data from NNM (using web services) and populates uCMDB with it.
AFAIR, there's a readme coming together with the NNM_Integration package which describes the how-to.
Anjeneya.dubey
Frequent Visitor

Tool Details:
BAC 7.03
Site Scope 9.5 (Currently used for Application monitoirng
OVOU 8.25 / OVOW 7.5 / NNM 7.5 (Currently used for Infrastructure monitoring)
DDM (not currently deployed)

I am planning to get BAC 7.5 with uCMDB. And configure DDM.
Yossi Zaaroor
Frequent Visitor

in bac 8.x this kind of NNM-> BAC integration is out of the box.

you might be able to use the integration package from BAC 8.x to work on the BAC 7.5.

Anjeneya.dubey
Frequent Visitor

yes.. i kjnow we have that package for BAC 8.0. but question is can we use that package on BAC 7.5. If not then what is the other way out.
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

The package should work with BAC 7.5 as well, but your problem is not a BAC version. The problem is the NNM version as the out-the-box integration was developed based on new web services available in NNMi. As a result you need NNMi 8.10. The integration won't work with the old NNM 7.5 just because those web services don't exist in that version.
Anjeneya.dubey
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dmitry,

Ok, so what best we can achieve with the versions we have. our requirement is we want NNM data into uCMDB.
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

Hi Anjeneya,

The only thing you can do is to develop your own discovery pattern for NNM 7.5, or maybe someone who did it can share it with you. Or consider upgrading both BAC and NNM to the versions with ready-to-use integration.
Anjeneya.dubey
Frequent Visitor

and what about OVOU/OVOW integration with uCMDB considering the versions we have. we have the same requirement for OVO as well.

-Anjeneya
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

OMW/OMU integration with uCMDB is done through OM add-on called DMA (Dependency Mapping Automation). DMA 8.0 works with OMU 8.27 and higher, OMW 8.0 and uCMDB 7.0; DMA 8.10 works with OMU 8.27 and higher, OMW 8.10 and uCMDB 7.0/7.5.
Anjeneya.dubey
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dmitry,

Could DMA be also used for OM to uCMDB communication. We want OM data and CIs into BAC/uCMDB.
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

No, DMA does data sync from uCMDB to OM, but not the opposite.
Anjeneya.dubey
Frequent Visitor

yes thats what... i want the other way. How can i get it. i want network topology discovered/configured by OM into the uCMDB
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

You have 2 options:

1. Develop your own discovery pattern to populate OM data to uCMDB.

2. Wait till OMi is ready, upgrade your OMW/OMU to versions supported by OMi and enjoy out-of-the-box integration.
Elena Fasolo
Regular Collector

Hi all,

I have the same need but I have also some question in addition.
With BAC 8.0 and NNM 8.10 the uCMDB-NNM integration is out of the box. But can i see in a BAC view also the status of NNM nodes? How are nodes and elements mapped in the uCMDB? If i have in NNM a router with several interfaces, how are such elements reported? One CI for each element? Are the relationships mantained?

Thansk a lot,

Elena
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event