UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job doesnot run as per Discovery schedule

Highlighted
Nick2345
Frequent Visitor

Job doesnot run as per Discovery schedule

Hi,

I am working on UD10.01

I am trying to schedule Discovery job but scheduler is not workinng in fact job doesnt run and discovery never starts.

Is there any option I need to enable  besides the time setting ???

Please let me know how to schedule Discovery Job with schedular?

with regards,

Nick

3 REPLIES
Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

Re: Job doesnot run as per Discovery schedule

Please check that trigger CIs for a job has IPs in discovery probe ranges. In other words to check if UCMDB know how to get access to the destination.

You could also check mam.autodicovery.log to see the job dispatching process to relevant probe(s).

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Nick2345
Frequent Visitor

HI Dima,

Thanks for promt reply.

Actually I seen warning in one of the log as below.

warn :Skipping trigger CIs because the IP of the CI isn't included in the Management
Zone: TriggerCI ID:e83d875ba2b45e50f108d0e9e1b6de37

No triggered CIs were dispatched for discovery job [MZ_MLX-HYD_4_Infrastructure
disc_Network_Host Connection by Shell]

Can you please elaborate your reply. Which kind of IPs it is searching for . The 4-5 IP ranges have been added in every zone? How I will come to knnow which are the trigger CIs.

Another point is when I applied default Infrastructure Job and manually activated, It discovered all zones except one zone. But same zone didnot work with Template.

Please suggest.

with regards,

Nick

Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

Please be sure you are familiar with Discovery and Integration Content Guide - Discovery Activities as well as other discovery related docs. I'll be happy to answer on specific questions.

I'll attach two of docs fo ryour convinience. You could check others on HP SSO portal.

Error messages are saying that trigger CIs are out of probe ranges of Management zone you created...

Please be sure to run Infrastructure activity on all probe ranges before all.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event