UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Import CSV - problems importing hosts in 8.02

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ALec_14
Valued Contributor.

Import CSV - problems importing hosts in 8.02

I've been trying to perform a bulk load of hosts (servers). host_key is a unique key and is therefore required in a certain format by the discovery process.
I can manually create these CIs no problem, using a normal name for host-key eg. server1

However when I try to bulk load these undiscovered CIs thru' a csv file I get errors around host_key being the incorrect format.

Would appreciate some guidance
Thanks,

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Foru to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum MOderator

6 REPLIES
AyoOmosebi
Super Contributor.

Re: Import CSV - problems importing hosts in 8.02

did you follow the procedures in importing csv files as stated in the guides?
JanH
Super Contributor.
Solution

Alec,

my guess is, that uCMDB complains about host_key (Wrong host_key)
Normally host_key is lowest MAC on the host, which you probably dont have available in your CSV.
You could then select another unique key from your data, but you need to set hostiscomplete to false then. Otherwise uCMDB complains.

Hope this helps you on the track
Jan
JanH
Super Contributor.

Sorry,
you need to set the host_iscomplete=true to make uCMDB accept your CI.
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you're sending your host as "complete", you should set "host_iscomplete" to true and your host Key as Lowest MAC address on that machine.
However, if you're sending it as "incomplete", you should set "host_iscomplete" to false and then host_key should be like (e.g. 134.44.98.0 DefaultDomain).

Hope that helps.
ALec_14
Valued Contributor.

Folks, thanks for your replies.
However the problem is that I'm loading un-discovered laptops and therefore don't have IP addresses or access to their MAC addresses. I therefore need a way to be able to bypass the unique host_key requirement imposed by the Discovery process...?
ALec
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

Host Key is the *only* identifier of the host.
A lot of logic is built over this fact. Hence, you should:
a) fill this attribute
b) preserve its uniqueness, otherwise all your hosts will be merged into 1 by reconciliation mechanism.