UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

How to write an enrichment rule when a CI is part service model

Highlighted
somishetty
Contributor.

How to write an enrichment rule when a CI is part service model

Hi Guys,
I have a requirement to create an enrichment rule. First of all I have to check each and evry CI of uCMDB is part of any model. If any CI is part of any model I need to change the attribue by name "Relevant" to true.Can you please guide me what are the steps invloved in creating such enrichment rule.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved rom Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
Amit Erental
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to write an enrichment rule when a CI is part service model

Hi

Which uCMDB version ?

In a nutshell, you need to define a TQL to get the needed CIs, as part of the enrichment rule, and then to define the update operation.

Also, you need to make sure that the "Relevant" attribute already exist

Check the "Topology Query Language" and "Enrichment Manager" chapters from uCMDB model management help section, its fully explained there

BTW, what is the logic behind this requirement ? what are you looking to achieve with the attribute setting ?

somishetty
Contributor.

Amit,
Thanks for your reply. We needed this for Service Manager integration . SM will care about the CI's when the relevant field is true.I know how to change the atrribute value to true but I am little confused to how to check a CI is part of any model.Your help in this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
somishetty
Contributor.

Amit,
We rae using uCMDB 9.02.

Thanks
Amit Erental
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Try to work with TQL Subgraph Definition, to find all CIs that are connected to a Service CI. you have an example for this in the UCMDB Modeling guide. make sure you choose the correct link type for your needs. also, check the OOTB views/queries, maybe you will find there a query to match your needs.