UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

How to schedule the generation and email of a gold master report through uCMDB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Christopher Car
Outstanding Contributor.

How to schedule the generation and email of a gold master report through uCMDB

I would like to know how I can automate the process by which a gold master report can be run at a specific interval and subsequently be emailed to a specific email address. For example, I would like to run a gold master report for our server team to be emailed before and after our monthly maintenance weekend. This way I don't have to have someone manually run a report when they want it. It would be all automated.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: How to schedule the generation and email of a gold master report through uCMDB

Chris,

Re GoldMaster reports - try to do the following:
* Create & Generate GoldMaster Report
* Create "Favorite Filter" out of that report
* Navigate to Application -> Reports -> Report Manager
* Create a schedule there using the Favorite Filter you just defined
* Enjoy :)

Regards,
Alex
Christopher Car
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How to schedule the generation and email of a gold master report through uCMDB

Almost there - when the report is emailed, it shows a PDF that is displaying a prompt for login name and password. These aren't fields that you can type in - almost as if I am missing something along the lines of needing to pass my credentials from uCMDB along with the report.

If I run the report from the uCMDB UI it works fine, but opening up the emailed report in PDF format doesn't show me the report - rather it shows me this login prompt.
Christopher Car
Outstanding Contributor.

It's very odd, it doesn't matter what format I email the report out as (PDF, CSV, HTML, MHTML) they all look like they are looking for some sort of login information for uCMDB. I was hoping that the report would be sent with the actual report content and not a pointer requiring someone to login.
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

Chris, I believe you're using a version earlier than 8.03 - this issue was only fixed there.
In case when admin password changes, you get this problem.
Try to change (temporarily) admin password back to the default one and see whether report emailing works for you.
Christopher Car
Outstanding Contributor.

Ah - I am running 8.02 and not 8.03 - and we did change the default password for Admin. I will try it out and see how it goes. Is there a work around to fix this so that it will use the new password or a different set of credentials?