UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

How to save model structure when using perspective

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

How to save model structure when using perspective

Hi All,

I am using Modeling Studio and before generating a view, I apply a perspective (created by me) to one of my models. So far so good but when the new view was presented in dashboard the model structure was not saved. It means on the dashboard, all CIs in the view are on the same level (screenshot).

However, in the Modeling Studio the view (model + perspective) is presented as it should be - the model structure is preserved in the view (screenshot).

UCMDB 8.04

Please advise me on this issue

Thanks,
Michael

P.S. Thi sthread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

Re: How to save model structure when using perspective

screenshot
Amit Erental
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Michael

How does it looks on the left panel of the dashboard ? same as the modeling studio ?
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.

This is a known issue with perspective-based views in BAC 8.x. You can see nice hierarchical layout in IT Universe Manager or Topology View, but in the Dashboard Top View all CIs are shown on the same level.

The only workaround I found is to define Parent folding rule on the relationships. In this case the Top View will show the hierarchy.
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

Dmitry,

Thanks a lot for the answer. Could you please explain a little bit more about Parent folding rule on the relationships and how can I do it?

Thanks,
Michael

Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Michael,

Folding rules is a standard application mapping technique that allows you to control view layout. For details please see "Adding Folding Rules to Relationships" in BAC 8.x Model Management guide.
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

thread closed