UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

How to increase attribute size

Highlighted
ctruong
Outstanding Contributor.

How to increase attribute size

I'm trying to push some CI to BSM. But it is erroring out with :

[ErrorCode [110] class model validation error]
validation error occured, class [location].  Error in properties type validation :  property's value [(string-data_updated_by:SPM Beta Integration Point: DS_SPM Beta Integration Point_Service Manager Undiscoverable Data Retrieval)] has exceeded the size limit of the attribute [attribute: name [data_updated_by] type [string] isFactory [true] isUserUpdated [false] size limit [100]]

Seem like the attribute size in BSM is too small.

I can't seem to find a way to increase the size as it is grey out in CIT Manager. Is there a way to increase the size limit?

5 REPLIES
James_Athi_Raj
Super Contributor.

Re: How to increase attribute size

HI.. may be you can try changing it from the CIT type manager data CIT... from infrastructure setting -->General setting -->change the object root value from "managed object" to "root" .. save.. log out and re login back. from CIT type manager you could see the DATA CIT, export to xml file look for the attribute you want to change and mofify the size and import it back. do it in ur test instance first and let us know if this works for you. Regards..

James_Athi_Raj
Super Contributor.

I guess you can even change without exporting to xml.. just try editing with data CIT.. dont forget to change the object root to the managed object in infrasettings.;
Consultant13
Honored Contributor.

Hi Folks

Just a Thought process ,Cant we change this from DB side ?

ctruong
Outstanding Contributor.

Yea we went this route....making change to the CCM_Attribute table...and restart seem work nicely for us

Dima Gomel
Micro Focus Expert

Pleasze do not change anything on DB level! You could cause DB inconsistency.

UI is an answer. 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.