UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

How to import a file with IP Ranges that needs to be excuded from DDM Discovery V7.0

Highlighted
Gideon Nel
Trusted Contributor.

How to import a file with IP Ranges that needs to be excuded from DDM Discovery V7.0

Hi Guys,

Desperately needs to find a way to import thousands of IPs that I need to exclude from DDM Discovery. Currently using uCMDB/DDM V7.0

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to import a file with IP Ranges that needs to be excuded from DDM Discovery V7.0

You can try using exportProbeRanges and importProbeRanges methods in JMX console.

As a result of the export operation you'll get an .xml file that you can modify by adding your excluded ranges there. Before exporting you can define 1 excluded range manually to understand the correct syntax for such ranges in the .xml file.

When you are done with the file modifications you can import it.
Gideon Nel
Trusted Contributor.

Re: How to import a file with IP Ranges that needs to be excuded from DDM Discovery V7.0

Thx, have tried that.....gives me a "null" error. If I succeed in importing this file will it overide the existing ranges or will it add to it. I just want to add the excluded ranges (about 3300 ip's) to the current range. These ip's don't follow on each other therefore can't specify a range to exclude. Do you perhaps have an example of a xml format for excluding ip ranges on version 7.0 that I can use as a template?