UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Impact Rule Groups

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Loga001
Regular Collector

How to create Impact Rule Groups

Hi All,

When creating a new Impact Rule (using Impact Rule wizard from Impact Analysis Manager), Impact Rule Groups page displays 21 groups provided out of the box. How can I create my own Impact Rule Group?

I'm using UCMDB 10.11.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Melissa_C_UCMDB
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to create Impact Rule Groups

Hello Loga ,

I hope you are doing great!

I have been reviewing and the Modeling guide provide us information about the Impact Rule however there is not the possibility to create a new group .

Would you please provide us the characteristics of the group that you want to create ? Did you try with the "others" group ?

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias | SW Technical Support Consultant.
UCMDB

Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

In i.R.O.C.K, when you post a response you must add the signature on it.

” If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given”
Loga001
Regular Collector

Thanks Melissa for your prompt response.

For our current project we have identified few business cases for impact analysis. Each case is quite complex and supported by a set of Impact Rules (and underlying tqls). Yes we do use “others” group for one business case but what we wanted to do is to create separate group for each business case.

If it is not possible I guess the alternative would be to put all sets of Impact Rules in “others” group and add conditions to underlying tqls so only a specific set of Rules will be executed.

Regards

Loga

chris_tessier
Super Collector

It is possible by creating a custom package that contains the rule bundle/group names you would like to use.

PM me and i can send you a sample package.

Loga001
Regular Collector
Solution

Just figured it out that a new bundle can be created using Query Definition Properties  dialog box in Modeling Studio. Not intuitive and not obvious from the documentation.

Regards

Loga

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event