UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

How to Create New Ci in HPuCMDB

Highlighted
SanjeevDas
Outstanding Contributor.

How to Create New Ci in HPuCMDB

Hi Experts,

I am new to uCMDB. I have installed HpuCMDB 10.00 in a server shared by HP Service Manager 9.30. However they are runing in different portts.  My question is how do I  create a New CI in HPuCMDB10.00?

Please help

Thanks,

Sanjeev

2 REPLIES
Rutger
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to Create New Ci in HPuCMDB

Hi,

I am assuming you mean that you have installed UCMDB and SM on the same server, as a test environment?

Best practice says to create CI's and maintain logical, non-discoverable CI information, on SM and then populate to UCMDB.

So that's what I would do, use the SM Configuration manager to create a new CI, then activate the UCMDB integration point to pull across all CI's to UCMDB.

Alternatively, if you really have to, use the IT Universe Manager in the UCMDB Modeling section to create a new CI and push it across to SM with the UCMDB SM push job.

Does this come a little way to what you need?

Cheers,

Rutger

Dima Gomel
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to Create New Ci in HPuCMDB

I'd like to highlight two important points. 

1. It's not recommended that SM and UCMDB will share same server. Discovery probe will requeires additional one (3 at all).

2. It's higly recommended to move out from UCMDB 10.0 to UCMDB 10.01 and then install latest CUP on top of it.

Here are links for download:

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.