UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

How do we run discovery one ip at a time based on the technology

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Chintalapati
Respected Contributor.

Can some one help on this

Thanks
Chandra

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
haytham_hosny
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: How do we run discovery one ip at a time based on the technology

Hi ,

This is a generic question , you have to specify which job would you like to run the discovery because not all of the jobs allowing you to configure range of ip's to run against.

and once you configure the involved jobs to run against range of ip's, this will override the range of ip's configured in the probe on domain scope docuemnt file

Thanks
Haytham Hosny

Haytham Hosny
Chintalapati
Respected Contributor.

I am new to this ucmdb & DDM

If possible can you please tell me step by
step

Thanks
Chandra
sconway
Super Contributor.

Please see the steps below, I am not sure if I understood your question right.

1. under set up discovery probes give all the range of Ips that you may choose to discover.

2. then in Discovery/advanced discovery, chose the range ips by icmp and discover all the IPs in the range. After that, it depends on what job you wnat to run and what the input CIs are for that job.
Hightlight the job you want to run and click properties. under trigger tqls on the center screen, click the probe and disable it. and save the settings

3. now activate the hightlighted job
4. click on the details tab, and under discovery status, click the + and you will see a list of CIs that can be an input for that job, this could be IPs or hosts or database CIs depending on what job you are activatng and what input cis does that job require.
But remember always when you do you 1st discovery it rquires a particular order to discover the CIs.
So if you specify what you want to discover, i can give you the sequence.