The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the port for HPuCMDB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SanjeevDas
Frequent Visitor

How do I change the port for HPuCMDB

Hi Experts,

I have installed HP uCMDB 10.0, in the HP SM 9.30 server runing on tomcat port 8080. However by default the HP uCMDB has also taken up the same port 8080 causing the HPSM web client to crash. I could have changed the HPSM tomcat port to some different port but this is not what I want to do.

So my question here is, How and Where do I change HP uCMDB port?

Please help.

Thanks,

Sanjeev

3 REPLIES
Dima Gomel
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: How do I change the port for HPuCMDB

Dear Sanjeev,

Several important point before I got  to the answer:

1. It's highly unrecommended to share UCMDB server with different applications.
  2. Current version of UCMDB is 10.01. There are many problem fixed in this release.
  3. UCMDB 10.01 has a Cumulative Updates Patches avalable on HP SSO. The latest one for today - CUP4 is avalable here http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00447765 .

Change of HTTP port used could be done in JMX console -> Port Management Services ->HTTPSetPort

You could also use PortDetails method to view summary of ports used.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
SanjeevDas
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dima,

Thanks for the reply.

Appreciate your help.

I have another question on these, does the HPuCMDB shares the same tomcat server that's been used by HPSM? The reason i am asking is because, i edited the tomcat port 8080, used by HPSM web client, to another port say 8181. The HPSM web client started working on the changed port i.e 8181, but the HPuCMDB failed working on the port 8080 as well as 8181.

Please share your thoughts on these.

Thanks Again,

Sanjeev

Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

HP UCMDB uses Jetty as application server...

Try to run following command:

netstat -noa | find "8080"

Last collumn will show process ID (AKA PID). Now you could open Task Manager in Windows and find what process is using 8080 in your setup.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event