UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

HP uCMDB : Discovery job status not updating

Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
Collector

HP uCMDB : Discovery job status not updating

HP uCMDB: 9.05.CUP12.351

DDM Content Pack: 11.08.802

Hi all,

I have been noticing since yesterday that the jobs are not updating the progress bar (Discovery status).

I am certain that the job completed as I watched the Data Flow Probe Status on the UI as well as on the JMX.

From the Application JMX, Mbean: UCMDB:service=Discovery Manager. Method: getResultsStatus, I see that the Results received is In Processing queue for a long time. Is there a way I can do a quick check to see if there is an issue with the Database before approaching the DBA?

Kindly oblige.

Thanks,

Praveen

4 REPLIES
Praveen_Shan
Collector

Re: HP uCMDB : Discovery job status not updating

Hi everyone,

There were connectivity issues to our app fronted by a load balancer. The probe Gateway was not able to communicate with the App server and hence couldn't send the result data continuously.

Thanks,

Praveen

Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

Dear Praveen,

I'd suggest to check unsent result on the probe side in such situations.

It could be done by accessing JMX console on the probe at http://probe:1977.

Use  GwTaskResultDistributer method. Unsent results will be under NumberOfUnsentResults key...

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Praveen_Shan
Collector

Hi Dima,

Thanks for pointing that out. Never used it before. There are over 10,000 unsent results on a couple probes. I have paused currently scheduled jobs using a Job execution policy.  Will let the results processing to finish and then run the jobs.

Thanks,

Praveen

Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

It could be result of connectivity issues you found.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event