UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP UCMDB discovery issue

Highlighted
Mandy Rahi
Regular Collector

HP UCMDB discovery issue

Hi,
I am running a discovery job in uCMDB and it is showing details of Success and Failed with some figure.

When I click on 'show errors' it displays the list of type of errors occured during discovery but I noticed that the sum of count of these errors do not match with the figure shown for Failed jobs.

Could anyone please let me know what is causing this difference.

Any help in this regards would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Mandy

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Mandy Rahi
Regular Collector

Re: HP UCMDB discovery issue

I am attaching a document for error count details which give more clarity to understand the issue.

TIA,
Mandy
Mandy Rahi
Regular Collector

Can anyone please help me on this

Cheers,
Mandy
Mandy Rahi
Regular Collector

Someone please please help me on this.

TIA,
Mandy
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Hello Mandy,

The number of "Failed" in summary refers to the number of triggered CIs, while the amount of errors refers to specific error messages being generated per protocol (there may be multiple different messages for the same destination).

Regards,
Alex
Mandy Rahi
Regular Collector

Thanks for your response.

But in the log folder I noticed that there is only one record file(.record) generated for each CI and for one type of error.

I would like to know if there are two types of error for one particular CI and for one particular discovery job then there should be two different record files for same CI with two different error messages details.

Where do we get the these two files?

I know there is a folder gets created with the name as the name of Discovery job(In my case discovery job name is Host Connection by CommandControl).

Please suggest.

Cheers,
Mandy

Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

File is generated per destination regardless of the amount of errors.
All the errors from same destination are in the same file.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event