UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

HP CMDB 10.10 not installing windows 2008 server

Highlighted
sagar Bhattacha
Regular Collector

HP CMDB 10.10 not installing windows 2008 server

Hi Expert,

I am facing problem to installing HP CMDB with UD in win2k8 server and databse Ms Sql 2008. When I was trying to run to installed CMDB it is asking for location for extract the file. After provided the location again it will asked for specific location for several time and installtion process not moving forward.

I am attaching a screen shot please check and let me know the possible reason so that I can install HP CMDB .

Regaards

Sagar

sagarbh@hotmail.com

3 REPLIES
sagar Bhattacha
Regular Collector

Re: HP CMDB 10.10 not installing windows 2008 server

Still I am facing problem to installing HP UCMDB 10.10. request to all of you please let me know solution please.

Sagar

sdimay
Super Collector

I have not seen this issue before.  You've probably done this before, but make sure that you're running the installer using an administrator equivalent id.  Also, what is the filename of the installer that you are using?

Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

This isn't a UCMDB related thing. It's InstallAnywhere used for installation. Quick search in Google showing that the problem could be related to errors during file download process.

As a set of action I'd recommend following:

1. Download the package again

2. Click on the Choose... button and select a writeable location. (e.g. My Documents)

3. Free some disk space on the drive where the TEMP directory is located

4. Try to disable any virus scanning applications temporarily.

5. Check with your IT department whether there are any restricted local or group security policies that could prevent the installer from extracting the files onto your disk.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event