UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Error while importing data from excel to uCMDB 9.04 content pack 10

Highlighted
ShishirG
Super Contributor.

Error while importing data from excel to uCMDB 9.04 content pack 10

Hi,

I am trying to import data from excel sheet in uCMDB and using xls import adapter. But operation is getting failed with below error in the mam.autodiscovery.log file: -

<2012-01-11 17:10:47,131> ERROR  - Error processing results, on job [DS_NodeFromXls_Import topology from Excel Workbook], on trigger CI [fca90aad0bb4be5421828f336f1d99f9] [Process Results Thread-DS_NodeFromXls_Import topology from Excel Workbook]
com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseBatchUpdateException: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid column name 'job_id'.

excel file is step properly to reflect correct field names. Any idea what could be causing this.

I can attach complete log file and excel sheet if required.

2 REPLIES
Keith_Paschal
HPE Expert

Re: Error while importing data from excel to uCMDB 9.04 content pack 10

Hi;

It would be helpful if you included the complete log file and the excel spreadsheet as well as a screenshot of the properties tab for the job.  Just at a glance, it appears the excel spreadsheet isn't formatted correctly.

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
Umer-Ahmed
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Error while importing data from excel to uCMDB 9.04 content pack 10

from the error it seems like you have a column in the excel file named: job_id

which does not match to a defined attribute on the class that you are trying to import the data into. Please make sure that the spreadsheet name matches the name of the CI not the display-name. For example: for node class it should be node not Node. And all the columns specified on the spreadsheet match the attributes defined on the CI Type, again with name of the attribute not the display-name.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Umer

HP Software values your thoughts and ideas regarding your overall Software Support experiences. Please contact us at software.satisfaction@hp.com to share your comments or contact my manager directly at zubin.ghai@hp.com