UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Enrichment Rule-Reverse Engineering concept

Highlighted
Mathew_ucmdb
Super Contributor.

Enrichment Rule-Reverse Engineering concept

Hi Team,

I had a doubt and would need your suggestions for the same.

We have a Web application DB from where we pull data into UCMDB. Lets call the web application DB as "ABCD".

ABCD has a Deleted flag and we only get the applications with a False flag into UCMDB.

When someone removes and app, they will send out an email and we will manually mark the attribute “Removed from ABCD” to True. That way when we run the metrics we don’t get them.

However there are a couple issues here.

1. If we miss an email, that app shows up as active in UCMDB until someone catches it.

2. Is still shows in the UCMDB Browser linked to other Business Services for Business impact.

Could anyone suggest the best way to handle this?

How do we handle the relationships and not display the deleted app in the browser? Manually?

At present we use the EApplication ER to build the Server to Application relationship. Can we somehow reverse engineer this to break the relationship if the App has the attribute “Removed from ABCD” to True?

In short delete all records automatically without manually removing them using "removed from ABCD".

Hope I was clear.

Thank You.

Regards

Mathew

4 REPLIES
PuneetS
Honored Contributor.

Re: Enrichment Rule-Reverse Engineering concept

Are you using any discovery job?

If yes, You can modify the job to make the flag "removed from ABCD" active when deleted is "True", so that when the discovery job runs next time it will update all CIs, and then you can have a enrichment rule to delete all CIs where "removed from ABCD" is true.

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Mathew_ucmdb
Super Contributor.

Hi Puneet,

We have Discovery jobs as well as ER for this. Let me check that option and see how it goes.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Regards

Mathew

Mathew_ucmdb
Super Contributor.

Hi Puneet,

The Job's and ER are not related to this..So I might have to create a new one..

Regards

Mathew

Dima Gomel
Acclaimed Contributor.

Current Enrichment need to be reworked to create link only when attribute showing active app. The new one, need to be created to delete relationship when attribute is showing off app. IMO, this will prevetn recreation of links, so you'll be able to track creation/deletion.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.