UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Enrichment Delete Relationships

Highlighted
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

Enrichment Delete Relationships

Here's a challenge to everyone. In the uCMDB I have two CITs Human Resource Person (HR_PER)and Mail Route (MAIL_RTE). The Mail Route CIT is created based on the HR_PERs attributes of MAIL_LOC and MAIL_STOP. It looks like this:
HR_PER
MAIL_LOC
MAIL_STOP

MAIL_RTE
MAIL_LOC <--equals the HR_PER MAIL_LOC
MAIL_STOP <--equals the HR_PER MAIL_STOP
MAIL_RTE <--equals the concatination of MAIL_LOC "-" MAIL_STOP

When the MAIL_RTE CI is created, an Assigned relationship is created from HR_PER to MAIL_RTE.
HR_PER --> Assigned --> MAIL_RTE

The issue is an HR_PER "A" is assigned to US001-1000 on tuesday. On wednesday HR_PER "A" moves to US002-1000. In the UCMDB, I've now got HR_PER "A" assigned to both US001-1000 AND US002-1000.

How do I delete the US001-1000 relationship with-out deleting the US001-1000 CI...because I have other HR_PER reporting to US001-1000.

Here is a visual of what I'm dealing w/.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY
elcoyote
Super Contributor.

Re: Enrichment Delete Relationships

Hello,

the problem is enrichment not authorize cardinality 0:0.

Depending on how you create the Assigned relationship (enrichment, discovery job), you can use this :
One way to workaround it is to create an enrichment rule (not activated) which delete all relationship and use a scheduler to run it.

If you use enrichment rule to create the relationship, if this rule is activated, then the realtionship will be recreated automatically.
If you use a job discovery, check if just running it is sufficient or if you may modify it.

Hope this help.