The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery job data reconciliation rules

Highlighted
cbowditch

Discovery job data reconciliation rules

Cross-posted this in the Support forum as well.

When working with zone-based discovery, you wind up with a varied collection of hardware being discovered by the activities for the zone.  Some hardware can use scanner-based discovery jobs, some can't.  As such, you wind up having to enable both scanner-based inventory activities and script-based inventory activities in the same zone in order to get everything from all the devices.

So what happens when your script-based inventory jobs return different data for the same CI than your scanner-based jobs?  I'm running into a situation where one job is returning an attribute value of 'Local hard disk' while the other is returning 'FixedDisk' and Configuration Manager is constantly flagging the changes.

Sure, I could configure auto state transition in CM, but it still results in a constant update of the snapshots and change history.  Where can I adjust the reconciliation rules within UCMDB to simply pick one job's value over the other in the first place?  Can this be done?  Or do I have to split my Management Zones to make sure I don't ever run both scanner-based and script-based inventory activities in the same zone?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event