UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a package in HA environment

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Loga001
Regular Collector

Deploying a package in HA environment

Hi All,

I need to deploy a custom built package in UCMDB HA environment. Should it be deployed to each UCMDB server instance in a cluster?

Or is it enough to deploy the package only to one server instance and it will be propagated to the cluster?

Regards

5 REPLIES

Re: Deploying a package in HA environment

Hi Loga001

Could you please be more specific ,I believe you need to deploy this on all the Servers in HA environment, as if situation arises primary ucmdb Server which acts as writer goes down, then the probe will be re directed to next ucmdb Server which will act as writer uCMDB DB ,Same way it could also send jobs for discovery as well.

This may not be sufficient answer for you ,if you could throw more insight on the package, i would try to answer this in better way

Hope this helps

Cheer:)
Loga001
Regular Collector

I have two packages to deploy.

One contains custom CIT defintions, view tqls, integration jobs (xls load).

Another customized SM9 adapter.

Hi Loga001

I believe these settings are eployed and storred in DB level and in HA all the ucmdb Servers will connecting to Same DB

So i think or should i say i believe you need to deploy it once.

Cheers :)
Nick2345
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hi,

You just deploy the packages on one server only and you will see  all new configuration gets replicated on  remaining servers. Anyways all packages, views etc gets stored in Database and all server access the same database.

Regards,

Nick

Loga001
Regular Collector

Thanks everyone
That’s what I thought.
Will try once my HA environment is fully ready.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event