UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

DDM Probe Installation

Highlighted
Anandkumar_2
Regular Collector

DDM Probe Installation

I have installed DDM 8.03 in a different security domain than the uCMDB server. I have got the https port opened in the firewall from the probe to the uCMDB server. The probe and the uCMDB server are both pingable bidirectional. The probe service is running and when i check the probe log files, i see an error msg "Cant retrieve the tasks from server, Some IO Error has occurred (check if the server is up)."
Has anyone experienced this issue .. Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Anand Kumar.N

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

12 REPLIES
Tim Slatter
Honored Contributor

Re: DDM Probe Installation

Try running a netstat -nao on the uCMDB server and Probe server and looking for SYN_SENT just to make sure the firewall isn't blocking anything between the two. It's possible that the servers are trying to communicate on other ports.

Cheers,
Tim
Anandkumar_2
Regular Collector

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.
When i run netstat on the ucmdb server, for the IP address of the probe - it shows the state as Time_Wait.
Anandkumar_2
Regular Collector

Hi,

(ProbeMgrResultsHandler.java:48) - Probe Mgr Task results distributer has started
jvm 1 | <2010-09-08 13:54:05,574> [WARN ] [WrapperSimpleAppMain] (ProtocolDictionaryManager.java:223) - This API is deprecated - should use instead: getProtocolParameters(protocolName,netAddress)
jvm 1 | <2010-09-08 13:54:05,574> [WARN ] [JobExecuterThread] (JobExecuter.java:1755) - Domain scope document is not available, yet (no Discovery jobs will be run)
jvm 1 | <2010-09-08 13:54:05,574> [ERROR] [WrapperSimpleAppMain] (ProtocolDictionaryManager.java:244) - Failed to retrieve network scope document; errorCould not find config file with name 'domainScopeDocument' in path: discoveryConfigFiles
jvm 1 | <2010-09-08 13:54:05,574> [INFO ] [WrapperSimpleAppMain] (ProbeAgentConnectionService.java:261) - Connected to united probemgr agent at: KDCPUCEOS01
jvm 1 | <2010-09-08 13:54:05,574> [INFO ] [WrapperSimpleAppMain] (ProbeAgentConnectionService.java:189) - Probe Agent Connection Service started succesfuly
jvm 1 | <2010-09-08 13:54:05,574> [INFO ] [WrapperSimpleAppMain] (ProbeTasksDistributerPull.java:89) - Probe tasks distributer has started successfuly

This is the error message that I am getting on the probe.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Anand Kumar.N
Tim Slatter
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Can you run the netstat from the Probe? Sometimes firewall rules allow communications one way only, or only allow communications to be initiated from one side.

Thanks,
Tim
Anandkumar_2
Regular Collector

Hi Tim,

I ran it on the probe as well, all the connections between the probe and the App Server on all ports show the status as Time_Wait.

There is hardly any connection which says Established.

Thanks
Tim Slatter
Honored Contributor

I've done some digging and found this forum thread which seems to be the same or a similar problem:

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1378468

Unfortunately, the answer was: contact HP Support, although they did fix it.

Have you checked the troubleshooting section in the DDM PDF doc?
Loys
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, are you able to telnet on port 80\443 from probe server to uCMDB server?
Anandkumar_2
Regular Collector

Contacting HP Support..

Thanks Tim for the replies..
Anandkumar_2
Regular Collector

Contacting HP support
Mahmoud Al-Abgy

Hi,
Did you solve your problem as i am facing the same problem right now
Anandkumar_2
Regular Collector

It was an issue with the firewall port. Firewall port was open from the probe side but not from the server side. It needs to allow bidirectional traffic.

Hope this helps.
Anandkumar_2
Regular Collector

Also, mention the IP address of the uCMDB Server on the Probe rather than mentioning the FQDN.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event