The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Manager / Service Manager Integration Problem

Highlighted
cbowditch

Configuration Manager / Service Manager Integration Problem

Has anyone ever set this up successfully?  I've followed all the configuration steps (that I could find) but Configuration Manager is not retrieving any RFCs for changed CIs.  The RFC is found by the amber_rfc_by_id query in UCMDB's Configuration Manager queries (though all the other ones return no data?) and I can push CIs to SM, so I believe the adapter is configured properly.  And the SM change ticket is following all the rules, as far as I can tell

• Planned Start is less than 7 days ago
  • Planned End is before today
  • Change Phase is Implementation
  • The changed CI was pushed from UCMDB into SM and is entered in the SM assets array for the ticket

If you have set this up successfully in the past, could you please list your configuration steps so I can see if I missed something?

2 REPLIES
cbowditch

Re: Configuration Manager / Service Manager Integration Problem

Update:

The fcmdb logs showed errors in trying to get the RFCs.  I turned up the logging levels and managed to find the XML with the details of the query that was being attempted.  I found two weird things.

First, the date range seems to be reversed.  As I understood things, the planned start date was supposed to be greater than or equal to today minus X days, as configured in Settings, and the planned end date was supposed to be less than or equal to today.  The query parameters are showing a planned end date greater than or equal to today minus X days and a planned start date of less than or equal to today.

Second,I tried creating my own pattern view to recreate the conditions of the RFC query.  Ss soon as I add the condition of the change phase value being in a list of options, the query throws a General Error.  Wth an Equal operator I get no error, just with the In operator.  That being said, I still get no records returned with an Equal operator.  Possibly the text search is case-sensitive?

Anyone ever hear of these issues before?

RazvanBolocan

Re: Configuration Manager / Service Manager Integration Problem

Hi,

Can you please provide the error log and the fcmdb.tql.calculation log in order to see the error.

As I know it the UCMDB-CM-SM integration is/should work if everything is configured ok. The RFC are items that get federated from SM. Setting up conditions on the federated items might not work (an warning is displayed when trying to set up condition on federated items).  As I know it in UCMDB the data is federated and CM runs the tql with all data sources so it gets all items both in UCMDB and federated items of that type. First we need to make sure that items get federated then check CM and RFCs.

Thanks,

Razvan Bolocan.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event