UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a probe to connect to different UCMDB server

Highlighted
Colin Blignault
Occasional Contributor

Changing a probe to connect to different UCMDB server

I am deploying UCMDB 8.03 (CP5) in a HA “full site” configuration – running 2 UCMDB servers behind a NLB.
The 2 UCMDB servers have been installed. The NLB has not been fully configured yet.

I want to install a probe now and connect to 1 of the UCMDB servers (for the purpose of testing the installation).
Once the NLB has been configured, I will need to point the probe to the NLB.

Question… is it better to re-install the probe or is it a simple change in a DiscoveryProbe.properties file? The UCMDB server names will not change, just the probe will now need to point to the NLB’s virtual IP instead of the one UCMDB server

What is the cleaner or best way to do the change?

thx

P.S. This thread has been moved from  Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to  CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing a probe to connect to different UCMDB server

Actually, there's no real difference.
I would suggest to go with an approach of properties file modification, so you won't lose the data from DDM MySQL DB.
haytham_hosny
Occasional Visitor

Hi ,

there is no difference between the two cases finally through the installation or by editing the file you have to pinpoint the probe to the virtual ipaddress of yours

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
Colin Blignault
Occasional Contributor

ok thanks, I will obviously shutdown and restart the probe but thought there may be some entry in the Foundations DB that will get out of sync if i modified the properties file directly.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event