UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Cannot delete CI's in uCMDB created by SiteScope EMS Monitor

Highlighted
Endre Kiraly
Super Contributor.

Cannot delete CI's in uCMDB created by SiteScope EMS Monitor

Hi!

Customer wants to use SiteScope V10.0 with Technology Database Monitor for creating and updating Host CI's in BAC uCMDB V8.04.

I can create the Monitor without problem. At the first running time, the Monitor creates the Host CI's successfully.

My problem is then, that I cannot delete the unnecessary CI's from uCMDB or more exactly, CI's are deleted, but after some seconds they are created again!

I tried to disable or delete the Monitor in SiteScope, but didn't help, after deletion CI's came up again in uCMDB.

The only way to prevent this, is stopping the SiteScope service. But, starting it again, the deleted CI's appear again... even if there is no monitor defined in SiteScope!

What could be the reason?

Thanks,
Endre

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Huhhh
2 REPLIES
Michele Ruggier
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Cannot delete CI's in uCMDB created by SiteScope EMS Monitor

Hi Endre,
check if in \cache\topologyresultsData\merged directory there are .bin files.
These .bin files are a cache for data that cannot be reported to bac.
Let me know if these files are in the directory.
Regards
Michele
Tomer Eckhous
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Cannot delete CI's in uCMDB created by SiteScope EMS Monitor

you have to disable or delete the monitor,
every time the monitor will operate it will generate new Hosts.

Delete the monitor, delete the list of HOSTS from the CMDB, see what happend, it should be OK.

BTW check your enricments rules maybe there is an enricment that does duplications.

BTW you can set enricment that delete those CIs from that speciofic data source.