The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Cores discovery job

Highlighted
SreeSurya
Regular Collector

CPU Cores discovery job

Hi Experts,
I got a shell script which is written to find the number of CPU cores in Unix machines in our network. Unix team is expecting UCMDB to discover CPU cores using that script. How do i make this discovery happen in UCMDB using that script?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
haytham_hosny
Occasional Visitor

Re: CPU Cores discovery job

Hi ,

try the following steps and let us know the outcomes:

- Go to packager manager and create a package included the scripts

- Go to Job and create a job for that script

- once created try to run the job.

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

It won't work. Shell scripts cannot be run on their own by uCMDB discovery mechanism. They should be wrapped up into a Jython script and invoked from there by using appropriate discovery API commands. In addition to shell script invocation the Jython script should have appropriate logic to parse the output of the shell script execution and eventually send the results to uCMDB.
SreeSurya
Regular Collector

Dmitry- I have attached the shell script, could you please help me,in getting this wraaped up into Jython script and how do i invoke this using API commands.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event