UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

CP 18 installation errors

Highlighted
tink43
Regular Contributor.

CP 18 installation errors

I am trying to install CP 18 in my 10.22 QA environment, according to the documentation if you put it in the content pack folder it should find it. I am getting cannot find in the file or access denied. I'm not sure what access is needed to do this through the jmx-console. I also tried to install it through package manager and received "CP18_installation.zip is invalid or has invalid version file". I downloaded this twice just in case there was an error. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES
John Goldstein
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: CP 18 installation errors

Unzip the CP18_installation.zip to your UCMDB server directory, usually C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer. That will overwrite the content folder and META-INF folder.

tink43
Regular Contributor.

Won't that also overwrite the "content" folder? I don't think we want that to happen do we?

John Goldstein
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes, the content folder is the content pack files. Once you have added that folder you will then have the option in the package manager to install content pack 18.

Rey_L
Honored Contributor.

You have to unzip the CP 18 binary "Inception (the movie)" style - a zip file within a zip file to get to the correct zip file

When you initially downloaded CP 18 from HPE, the file is UD Content Pack 18 V18.00.zip

Unzip this

In UD Content Pack 18 V18.00 directory that it creates, unzip CO18_installation.zip

Then go into the CP18_installation directory that it creates, open the content directory then open the content_packs directory

then move CP18.zip to \hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\content\content_packs directory

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
John Goldstein
Outstanding Contributor.

Unzipping to C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer does not remove what is already there it only adds CP18.zip to the content_pack folder in the content folder. Unpacking just CP18.zip as Rey says works as well.