UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

CMDB product monitoring

Highlighted
Swati Rohilla
Valued Contributor.

CMDB product monitoring

Hi All,

I want to add UCMDB product in monitoring on OVO.Can anybody tell me what services to be monitored?I've only idea about the Databse severs,Gateway servers.I don't've any idea about the services or agent if any present?
I m using UCMDB on windows platform

Please help.

Swati

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: CMDB product monitoring

If you work with UCMDB 8.x you can use info from Help for SiteScope System Health (SH). SH is a special SiteScope flavor that is free of charge and specifically designed to monitor UCMDB and/or BAC deployments. SH knows what is important to monitor in UCMDB and how to do it. So you can simply re-use this knowledge by recreating what SH does in OVO.
Swati Rohilla
Valued Contributor.

Thanks Dmitry

I m using BAC 7.5 and now i m going to shift my all data in ucmdb ver 9.02.i have to test the monitoring of ucmdb 7.5 first and then when my ucmdb 9.02 would be ready i'll use it and put it in the monitoring of OVO.Would
Your solution work for version 7.5?

Swati
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.

I specifically mentioned UCMDB 8.x. SH didn't exist for UCMDB 7.5. SH doesn't exist for UCMDB 9.x so far (will be added later). Taking into account how UCMDB 9 is different from UCMDB 8, I don't think that what SH monitors for UCMDB 8 can be reused "as is" for UCMDB 9.