UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

CMDB - Old CIs Deletion(Candidate for deletion)

Highlighted
Omri_Ziv_1
Regular Collector

CMDB - Old CIs Deletion(Candidate for deletion)

Hi,

I would like how the candidates for deletion mechanism works .. when does it check for old Cis/connections ? what is the threshold for a CI to become old ? is it possible to configure this threshold ?

example:

I have a microsoft CRM system which has old crm4app1,crm4app2 servers and new crm4app4,5,6 server.

all servers are up and running. crm4app1,2 aren't connected to the db anymore but I still see the connection in the cmdb.

when will the cmdb remove the connection between crm4app1 and the db ? (it's a sql connection)

Regards,

Omri

Frequent Visitor

Re: CMDB - Old CIs Deletion(Candidate for deletion)

Hi Omri,

uCMDB has a feature called CI lifecycle which is uses aging mechanism for CIs

If CI is not updated nor accessed for certain period of time, by default 14 days, it will be candidate for delation along with its relation.

This to ensure that the CIs and relations are accurate and matching the organization infrastructure.

Every CI has a Last Access Time attribute. Its value is used as the basis for aging calculations.

Last Access Time is updated with a date each time a CI isupdated by any of the update  methods or “refreshed” by the discovery process. Querying the data will not impact the Last Access Time attribute.

When Aging is enabled (Either System wide, CI Type or on spacific CI) , there are two attributes will be calculated.

Delation Candidate Period, the number of days then the system will consider this CI as candidate for delation.

Actual Delation Period,  The number of days when this not is not updated the CI will be deleted by the Aging Scheduler.

Regards,

Mahmoud Ibrahim

http://www.mahmoudthoughts.com

---

• Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
  • Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
http://www.mahmoudthoughts.com
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • support 2011
    Frequent Visitor

Hi Experts,

So does it is a good practice to turn off the aging as I am facing the issue the CIs are getting deleted in my uCMDB after some days and all views are hence impacted .

Please let me know if I can turn off the enable Aging .

Thanks,

SHikha

sunpisa
    Occasional Contributor

Hi ,

Do you able to turn off the Aging and checked the result.

is it worked ?

have you approached any other mechanism?

How about using enrichment rules to delete the old Cis? have you used?

can you pls reply?

Omri_Ziv_1
    Regular Collector

Hi,

lets' say I would like to configure my system so that:

- a host will be candidate for deletion after 10 days without being rediscovered

- after being a candidate for deletion it will take 2 more days of verifying.

what should I do in order to solve that ?