The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CI type can not be instantiated

Highlighted
Pritam Majumder
Regular Collector

CI type can not be instantiated

I have created a new Ci type called batch process under Host resources. When i try to crete a new CI of that type, it shows grayed. so I can not select that CI type. Also i get a message in the CI properties pane "CI type can not be instantiated". What does it mean? how can I enable the CI type?
I am using UCMDB 8.0 advanced version.
thanks in advance.

regards
pritam

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

Re: CI type can not be instantiated

Host Resources CIs cannot exist without Host CIs, so first add a Host CI to a view where you are trying to create your Host Resources CI.
Pritam Majumder
Regular Collector

Hi Dmitry
I am trying to create a new Ci from IT universe, Ci search.
Is it always necessary to create a CI in the view browser only?
Pritam Majumder
Regular Collector

i am attaching the screen shot of the problem
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

No, I meant you have to have a Host CI to create a Host Resources CI relating to the Host CI. You can do it from View Browser or from CMDB Search - it doesn't matter. But you must first highlight Host CI for which you are going to add a new Host Resource CI. Then you can select Operations -> New Related CI and Host Resource CITs will be available for you to choose.
Pritam Majumder
Regular Collector

this helped me.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event