UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Application Dependency Mapping

Highlighted
Mathew_ucmdb
Super Contributor.

Application Dependency Mapping

Hi Team,

We have a few doubts on Application Dependency Mapping. This is for a new requirement where we have discovered a list of inventories.
The customer has 300 + applications and we need to know on how to map these applications?

What are the basic questions we need to ask during an application mapping?

Can we map the application and Database with its instance? If yes, how?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Regards

Mathew

3 REPLIES
Dima Gomel
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Application Dependency Mapping

There are several different approaches:

1. You can create "smart" TQLs that will find 3 tier application structure starting from DB schema name. After is could be added to dynamic model upon request.

2. You could add specific application signatures and create app instances for homegrown apps.

3. App owner could provide details about specific app, and somebody make static instance model. 

4. Info could be populated from 3rd party data store (xls, csv files for instance).

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Mathew_ucmdb
Super Contributor.

Hi Dima,

Thank you for the suggestions.

What will be the CI's I need to use incase I am going to create a TQL as per your first point?

Request you to please share any example if you have.

I am planning to use  Database->Node->ip address, and check on the attribute "The database instance"..is it good enough?

Thank You.

Regards

Mathew

Dima Gomel
Micro Focus Expert

That's a good approach.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.