UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Question

Highlighted

Agent Question

Hi Experts,

Can we have both DDMI agent and UD agent run parallely in a machine but on different ports (2738 and 7738 respectively)?

Thanks

Sakthi.

5 REPLIES
Hoang_Nguyen_BA
Frequent Visitor

Re: Agent Question

Hi Sakthi,

Unfortunately, no, because they are the same application, UD agent is just a newer version of DDMI agent.

That's like you will not have 2 same intances of a program in different version.

Best Regards,

Hoang.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.*
*If you feel the post is helpful, please assign a KUDO star to say "Thanks"*

Thanks Hoang for the info.

I have a situation where I need to have both DDMI as well as UCMDB 10.x (UD) inventory the set of servers (say in particular room). How do I go about this situation?

Thanks
Sakthi.

I believe if we do the following the UD agent can talk to both DDMI server and UD server

1. Import the DDMI certs, pem, key in UD protocol credential in UCMDB server.

2. Export the public key certs and use it along with UD agent package for installation.

3. Now these agents can talk to request from either UD server or DDMI server.

Please correct if this wont work out.

Thanks

Sakthi.

Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

Dear Sakhti,

There is a slight difference between technical ability of implementation of some capabilities and supportability. Even in case, deployment of the same certificate on both systems will help you connect to the system, soe functionality will not work.

For example, Call Home feature will inform only on of the two systems. So, in case of IP change on destination one of two systems will try to connect to old IP. I'm sure there more.

Hope this helps. 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

Thanks Dima. I already thought about that scenario and was thinking if we update the ini config to point to right IP for "Call Home" it will work.

Anyways, as you said  some will work and some may not work.

Have one question for you,

Any idea if the other way around is possible - DDMI agent talking to DF Probe? - if we import the DDMI credential (cert.key) into UCMDB credential manager for UD protocol?

Thanks
Sakthi.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event