UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced discovery in uCMDB

Highlighted
Fevzi
Collector

Advanced discovery in uCMDB

hi all
i want to learn how can i make filter(IP or Server name) when i make a discovery.
for example
i wanna discover host recources by WMI. i created lots of credantials and IP ranges, but i wanna discover just one server.
How can i make filter to discover just one or two servers or IPs.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
sconway
Collector

Re: Advanced discovery in uCMDB

Hi Freadyy

First you need to perform the host connections by WMI discovery . Next you can activate the host resources by WMI. After you activate, click the green + sign on your Discovery status window and then add the IP address of the server that you are trying to discover.

Hope this helps
Fevzi
Collector

hi
i dont want to add new CI . i want to filter existing CIs.
for example may be in my range there is 50 IPs , but i just want to discovery just 20.
elcoyote
Collector

Hello,

different way to do that :
- you can modify the TQL Trigger, or better add a new one, for your pattern. So you can add filter to restrict Ip Address
- you can disabled probe for the pattern and add manually the CIs to be discovered.

Steve
sconway
Collector

Hi Freadyy

Steve's suggestion is good. Or you can also exclude the IPs that you dont want while you define the range.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event