UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

About the SM and UCMDB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
zhanghua_1
Super Collector

About the SM and UCMDB

Hi,all

If i want to get the CI from the database we can use the Discovery Tools->import from database and configure the file and parameters
but after so many times i have tried. none successful. Could any of you have a datail steps to access it.

eager to hear from any of you.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to  CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: About the SM and UCMDB

Are you trying to import CIs into UCMDB or replicate from UCMDB to SM? If the latter, see the UCMDB Integration manual provided with SM 7.10 or SM 7.11. There are a few errors in the manual, though. The CI changes adapter should not include any of the relations queries. All four of those should be configured in the RMI adapter.

zhanghua_1
Super Collector

Dear Carol,

I want to import CIs from SM to UCMDB, and want to take import from database job to do it. As you said we can use the adapter to import CIs from UCMDB to SM, and is it the only way for us to do it, just use the adapter.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

What is your desired end result? What other product are you planning to use the UCMDB with?
zhanghua_1
Super Collector

Dear Carol,

I want to import the CIs like Host database newwork and some system resource from UCMDB to SM, and to import the CIs which SM contains and doesn't exist in the UCMDB from SM to UCMDB. It is the only Integration between SM7.1 and UCMDB8.0.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

The out-of-box adapter between UCDMB and SM 7.1x will support replicating CI's of certain types from UCMDB to SM. Do you have this working already?

To replicate SM CI's into UCMDB is a bit harder. You can use the Connect-IT scenario offered with SM 7.0x but will have to take care once they are created to populate the resulting UCMDB IDs into SM or ensure reconciliation rules will match these up afterward if you plan to update these SM CIs in the UCMDB and push these updates to SM.
Jov
Honored Contributor

Hi Carol,

Do you know the CIT (Incident, Problem, Planned Change) that's configured OoB with the ServiceDeskAdapter for uCMDB 8.x still work for federation?

There's no documentation on this and the only references is in the Integration guide stating not to enable it.

Jov
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event