Re: Process Monitoring for EITHER syslogd OR rsyslogd
David, did you consider/attempt using a wildcard approach for the process name? any success or problems encountered here?
Next, your need being a bit more than the vanilla offering let's add the toppings..
That said, you could create your own script as suggested above, or build on top of what's already available.
What you need is to apply conditionality, to check which process to monitor - syslogd or rsyslogd. for this you need access to the policy internal code - here's how.
You can make modifications on the code that's used in the process monitoring policy. Here's the trick to view the code within the policy - it is 'abstracted' by the policy editor UI but there's a hack to get it working.
1. Create a policy in the normal manner via OM console, set your thresholds for cpu usage, etc.
2. Deploy the policy to a node.
3. The policy is deployed to OvDataDir/conf/policies/monitor folder.
4. pick up the data file for the policy - you would need to know the policy version UUID to match the right file.
5. scp/ftp/copy the policy to your OM server. upload the policy (data) file using either importpolicies command (OMW) or opcpolicy (OMU/L/S).
6. once the policy is uploaded, now open the policy in the policy editor - you have the policy with its internal code.
Have a look at the code and make modifications to suit your need.