Host discovery ( windows) is not discovering the port speed deatils, it is just null for the servers, the server we tried discovery having 4 HBA cards and two 0f them are used and SOM is not discoverying. Attached the Screenshot,
I tried running fcinfo /ports command on the server and found that the port speed is unknown, could you please let me know who can i identifiy the port speed in windows servers.
Also some windows based discovered OS says wrong credenatils and with the same i can login, the port 135 is opened verified with telnet.
On the Windows Host you are trying to discover, open a command prompt as Administrator and run the command hbatest -v Let's see what it returns. You might also consider to raise a support case, if the problem can't get fixed with the help of the KCS article.
Thanks for your help, Please find the hbatest restuls
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\misc\newconfig\HPOvSEi\tools\thirdparty>hbatest.exe There is no cim extension installed on this host.
The files located in SOM server is different path than the path mentioned in the document, is there are place where i need to modify. I also checked that the files like hbatest is not copied to the server which we are tring discover.
Our SAID is expired currently and we are in the process of renewing it.
Created folder HPOvSEi\tools\thirdparty under C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\newconfig and copied the following files DcomConfigurator_x64,DcomConfigurator_x86,hbatest, run the discovery script and following is the results.
so what is your SOM Version ? Are the hosts reporting 'Bad Credentials' running OS Windows 2012 ? Another question w.r.t. you hbatest -v output - I saw the speed reports 0, also did you cut off the output, meaning was there also the bindings/paths in the SAN listed ?
I did some tests and admit it can get a bit tricky discovering Windows 2012 agentless. I assume you use the Windows Firewall. I experienced with the firewall being turned on some dynamic ports gets used as well, we don't mention in our guides. Since you mentioned you can turn off temporarily the firewall, try the following:
On the host you attempting to discover agentless: -turn off the firewall -open a Administrator command prompt, navigate into the Windows directory and run the following 2 commands DcomConfigurator_x64.exe DcomConfigurator_x86.exe
Try another Agentless Discovery from SOM against this host. If that is successful and you are using the Windows Firewall, enable the firewall on the host. From the Administrative Tools start the "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security". Right click the Inbound Rule in the left pane and select new rule. Select Port, as Protocol TCP and under Specific local ports enter: 135, 139, 445, 61100-62000
Select allow the connection (you can restrict to the SOM Server IP only if required). GIve the rule a name like 'SOM Agentless" and enable the rule. Try another discovery in SOM against this host to see if it still works.
at the moment I can't tell what is going wrong, nor can I reproduce the issue. Can be FC Adapter type specific.. I suggest to raise a support case once your contract has been re-newed to have engineering taking a closer look into this. I might do some more tests, if I find the time, but can't promise. As long as the hbatest -v has an issue reporting on the port speed I would assume SOM has it as well. If you can afford to put the SOM Agent on that system temporarily, I would be interested if the Agent is also not capable to determine the FC port speed ..