Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Essentials

Highlighted
andy steven
Super Collector

Storage Essentials

i am trying to find out more about storage essentials but am getting limited response in the UK.

I have read that in the 2nd half of this year it will have greater integration into IM i.e. share the same data repository (currently it only supports oracle as its data repository so i am thinking that SQL server will be supported in the future

anyone know of any more info

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

11 REPLIES
Derek_31
Collector

Re: Storage Essentials

No, but I sure hope they do support SQL data storage instead of Oracle.
Nguyen Anh Tien
Regular Collector

Nowadays, Most Storage technology base on SAN env. So you should refer SAN first!
go and learn at
http://www.brocade.com/products/WYSP/wysp_splash.jsp
HP is simple
Uwe Zessin
Frequent Visitor

Nguyen Anh Tien,

I am afraid you are completly missing the point. They are talking about the database technology which is embedded in the product and used to store its own management data. It is not about a general storage technology.
Duncan Edmonsto
Honored Contributor

Andy,

SQL Server support is on the roadmap for the 2HCY05 release of Storage Essentials - I understand that this will be a single shared database with SIM (being the sceptic that I am, I should point out that roadmaps are subject to change, and that I would interperet 2HCY05 as 31 Dec 2005!)

HTH

Duncan

HTH

Duncan
Nguyen Anh Tien
Regular Collector

OWO. so silly i are. sorry for all.
I get new knowledge.
HP is simple
andy steven
Super Collector

thanks guys

has anyone seen the product in action, either in the AppIQ incarnation or storage essentials?
Duncan Edmonsto
Honored Contributor

I saw the product in action a few years ago - even then I considered it better than OV-SAM, but discounted it as it was from a small vendor... However now the product is being OEM'd by HP and HDS I might look at it again.

HTH

Duncan

HTH

Duncan
andy steven
Super Collector

Wait until 16th May. I think after this date you find answers on most of your questions.
andy steven
Super Collector

why whats happening on the 16th of May ???
Fabian_Nowee
Occasional Contributor

May the 16th is the announcing of the "Eva Next Gen" and additional software releases such as ESE
Looking for nice incentives? (www.kirsp.nl)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event