cancel

Storage Essentials upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Juan B.S.R.

Storage Essentials upgrade

Hi.
I have installed Storage Essentias v5.1 SP4 and I want to upgrade to Storage Essentials v6.0.
Can I use the same license keys for both products? I have read the Release notes for v6.0 and apparently the product is customer-upgradable from v5.1 SP4, but where can I download Storage Essentials Build 06.00?
From the Storage Essentials support page I only can download Service Packs and patch for Oracle but not the base software.
Thanks a lot.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Hans-Henrik Kai
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Storage Essentials upgrade

You can use the existing license key for Version 6 as long as you do not re-image the server.
I can unfortunately not help you with the download locations, as I am with HDS, not HP.
Good luck from Hans-Henrik
Juan B.S.R.

Hi.
Thanks for your answer Hans-Henrik, and for all the questions, I'd like to make the following explanation to all members:
1.- Like Hans say, V5.1 licenses are valid for v6.0.
2.- Upgrade to v6.0 is not "customer-upgradable", you need an HP Partner or HP service.
3.- To obtain v6.0 media kit you need to contact with your sales representative and a support contract with update option included.
Regards.
Juan B.S.R.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event