Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
cancel

Storage Essentials and Report Optimizer - dual server configuration

Highlighted
Fabrizio Maggio

Storage Essentials and Report Optimizer - dual server configuration

Hi Support,

I have installed SE (9.7) and RO (9.7 as well) in dual server configuration with Oracle (11g) remote database.

I have followed instructions guide and about software installation/configuration all was fine.

I have discovered into SE some devices like Storage and Switch and run succesfully, from RO side, the Administration Utility - Report Database Configuration to Get Data Now.

Now I try to navigate into SRM report optimizer web console (for example Public Folders - Report Pack - Standard Reports - Switch - Available Switch Port ) and i got this error on "refresh all" operation:

A database error occured: the database error text is: ORA-12514 TNS

Seems an error on tnsnames configuration, i have tried a test also with tnsping utility and it goes fine.

Do you have any suggestion about this issue ? how can i debug it ?

Thanks.

Regards

Fabrizio

2 REPLIES
Mark_Butler
HPE Expert

Re: Storage Essentials and Report Optimizer - dual server configuration

Hello Fabrizio,

I apologize for the delay.

Can you run the Admin Utility on the Report Optimizer server and confirm the status of the Database?

There have been some hotfixes that have been provided in relation to communication of the Admin Utility to the Oracle RAC database.  I would suggest opening a support case if you have not already to help troubleshoot this issue.

As part of the installation process, the Oracle client should be installed on the RO server, this is within SE 9.7 Installation Guide on p. 34 and then there is the failover configuration on p.37.  Please confirm that these are setup properly.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark Butler

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Fabrizio Maggio

Re: Storage Essentials and Report Optimizer - dual server configuration

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the answer.

I solve previous problem working on tnsnames.ora file but now i got new differents error on generating reports like:

A database error occured: the database error text is: ORA-00904 FNCOLONIFY
or
A database error occured: the database error text is: ORA-00942 TABLE DOES NOT EXIST

I have just opened a support case to troubleshoot it.

Regards,

Fabrizio

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event