The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Essentials and Permissions

Highlighted
SysAdminGuy
Occasional Contributor

Storage Essentials and Permissions

I have installed Storage Essentials on a server. The first time I logged onto the servers via System Insight Manager and clicked "Tools\Home" I was presented with a storage essentials logon page where I logged on as the Admin ID.

The second time i tried to logon I bypass this screen and logon with my domain account (the same one I used to install the apps) and have no permissions at all so cannot do anything..

Has anyone else had this issue as it is the second time I have installed this applciation with the same issue.

How do I disable domain passthrough authentication or provide my domain account the required storage essentials permissions.

Please help as I am tearing my hair out.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
Pshedges
Occasional Contributor

Re: Storage Essentials and Permissions

You would need to log into Insight Manager as a an administrator and add your account into SIM.
Then launch SE from within Insight manager (still logged into SIM an administrator) and select Security\Users and edit your usera cocunt and set it to Domain Admin.

This should give you the required rights when logging in as your domain account.
Pshedges
Occasional Contributor

Re: Storage Essentials and Permissions

Did this help/work?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event