Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
cancel

Storage Essentials Questions

Highlighted
Matthew W Hilzi
New Member.

Storage Essentials Questions

Hi,

Have recently taken on a legacy implementation of HP SIM/Storage Essntials (installed on two seperate servers), and, whilst I've managed to get it mostly working, I'm having a great deal of trouble answering two simple questions:

(1) The SE server was virtualised some time ago - is this a problem? Is it supported, or does it have to be a physical server?

(2) The SE server itself is getting a NO_CIMOM alert every hour. I'm under the impression that the CIM agent shouldn't be installed on the master server, so what does this alert mean?

Regards,
Matthew

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
Sheldon Smith
Super Contributor.

Re: Storage Essentials Questions

As far as the first, Storage Essentials is not supported on a virtual server. No idea about the NO_CIMOM alert.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!
Matthew W Hilzi
New Member.

Re: Storage Essentials Questions

Thanks for that. I assumed as much, but I need specific confirmation before I can organise for it to be 'un-virtualised'.

Is there any HP document that specifies that it isn't supported? Is it simply that HP doesn't want to go there, or is there actually an issue with the software when on a VM?