Storage Essentials 6.03 does not show I/O statistics on EVA 8100
I have SE Enterprise 6.03 and SIM 5.2 installed on Windows 2003 Enterprise. My problem is that ever since last week I cannot get I/O statistics from SE on my EVA. We have the performance pack license applied to the EVA. I can get other statistics like CPU utilization on the controllers but not I/O.
I have tried deleting and rediscovering the EVA in both SIM and SE. I've tried changing the config option EVA SMIS discovery to true as well. Rebooting have not helped.
Here's where it gets fun, we had to do a fast resync of the EVA controllers last week. In preparing to do so I upgraded to Command View 8.0 (we were going to do a code load on the EVA that required upgrading to 8.0 but did not get the code load done). Prior to the resync and after the upgrade to 8.0 the I/O statistics were working fine. Now, the I/O stats just show "zero" as the amount of I/O. So it does graph it, it just shows it as nothing. It i drill down to the disk groups, I can get the I/O stats that way and those show correctly.
P.S. This thread has been moved to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator
Re: Storage Essentials 6.03 does not show I/O statistics on EVA 8100
I hear this could be either a bandwidth problem of CV or the translation of the array WWN by SE. Either issue is known to have SE provide zero values. Updating to CV 8.0.2 and XCS 6200 (with SE 6.0.3) *should* fix.
If you still have problems after the upgrades, contact Storage Essentials Support.
Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company. ---------- If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!