Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOM) Support Tip: Storage Operations Manager 10.10 now supports integration with OMi

Highlighted
Mark_Butler
HPE Expert

(SOM) Support Tip: Storage Operations Manager 10.10 now supports integration with OMi

Hello SOM Community,

For those that do not know yet, Storage Operations Manager (SOM) 10.10 now has a supported integration with HPE Operations Manager i (OMi).

HPE Operations Manager i (OMi) provides comprehensive event management, proactive performance monitoring and automated alerts, reports, and graphs to manage operating systems, middleware, and application infrastructure. OMi consolidates events from a wide range of sources into a single view.

The HPE Storage Operations Manager (SOM)—OMi integration provides event consolidation in the OMi active messages browser, so that OMi users can detect and investigate potential problems in the storage infrastructure.

SOM manages the dependencies between the server and storage layers. The server layer is common to both the management systems. SOM populates the Configuration Items (CIs) in UCMDB just as OMi populates the same CIs in UCMDB. The UCMDB content packs populate and reconcile these CIs using business keys. Therefore, it gives OMi the end-to-end picture from the application to the storage dependency level in a data center.

This support is possible through a SOM Hotfix (#0023) that is available from Support.  There is a SOM-OMi Integration Guide included with the hotfix.  Please open a support case to obtain a copy of this hotfix for SOM 10.10 if you wish this integration.

In addition to this hotfix, it is necessary to download the HP SOM 10.10 UCMDB Content Pack (for UCMDB 10.20 CP16).  This is available on the HPE Live Network at the following URL:
https://hpln.hpe.com/contentoffering/hp-som-1010-ucmdb-content-pack

I hope that this information is helpful.

Have a great week and good luck with your environments!

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event