SOM Data Collection Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Fabrizio Maggio
Outstanding Contributor.

SOM Data Collection Error

Hello Support,

I am working on SOM 10.10 and i have succesfully discovered an HP 3Par (model 8400) Storage array.

Now running data collection job on it, i got internal error and no informations has been collected.

Checking into SOM server logfiles (SOM. log, some-trace.log) i find some errors like:

[2016-07-25 10:23:19.163] SEVERE [com.hp.se.disco.services.server.DataCollectionPostProcessorImpl] There was an error completing data transfer cycle for elements [\root\tpd:tpd_storagesystem.creationclassname="TPD_StorageSystem",name="2FF70002AC0198E9"]: com.hp.se.disco.common.task.exceptions.PostProcessingException: There was an error creating and populating element data

[2016-07-25 10:23:19.179] SEVERE [com.hp.se.disco.services.server.DataCollectionPostProcessorImpl] DATA Collection Failed for element:\root\tpd:tpd_storagesystem.creationclassname="TPD_StorageSystem",name="2FF70002AC0198E9". Calling setCollectionFailed on ElementCache.

and from DCFailure.log:

DataCollection Failed for the element 3par-prod at 2016 07 25 10:23:19

Please do you have any suggestion about it? It could be an known error?

Thanks.

Regards,

Fabrizio

2 REPLIES
Fabrizio Maggio
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: SOM Data Collection Error

I would like to inform this issue has been solved by installing 0023_(BUNDLE_10.10.191)_CUMULATIVE_HOTFIX_FOR_HP_SOM_10.10 provided by HPE Support.

Thanks.

Regards,

Fabrizio

Mark_Butler
Honored Contributor.

Re: SOM Data Collection Error

Hello Fabrizio,

I'm glad to hear that installing the cumulative hotfix #0023 helped resolve this issue.  There was a new 3PAR device bundle included with that hotfix as well as the other items.

If you encouter any problems with enabling Performance Pack licenses, keep the following Support Tips post in mind.

(SOM) Support Tip: Unable to license Performance Pack license for 3PAR arrays

Good luck with the rest of your efforts.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/