cancel

SNMP traps configuration manual for 3PAR storages and Brocade switches

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Hari_Reddy
Honored Contributor.

SNMP traps configuration manual for 3PAR storages and Brocade switches

Hello Team, Hope all doing well with HP SOM. I am looking for a document to configure supported SNMP traps at 3PAR storages and Brocade switches. Could anyone share to me ? Moreover do we need to open 162 port from each switch to SOM Or it is sufficient to open from BNA server to SOM ? Thanks, Hari
3 REPLIES
Mark_Butler
Honored Contributor.

Re: SNMP traps configuration manual for 3PAR storages and Brocade switches

Hello Hari,

The SOM 10.10 Users Guide provides the information you are seeing from the SOM perspective.

SOM 10.10 Users Guide P. 331 - Managing Communication Configurations.

On P.  342 & 344 it talks about which events (SNMP traps) are supported.

If you are looking for how to enable the sending of SNMP Traps on 3PAR arrays or Brocade Switches to SOM, that is not included within our product documentation.  You will need to access the 3PAR and Brocade product documentation for that information.

You will need to open port 162 between the devices and the SOM management server in order for Incidents (Events) to be received.

Finally, with SOM 10.10, it is not officially supported to have events sent to SOM by the BNA application.  It would be necessary to configure each switch to send the traps to the SOM management server.   I know that they are working on this and it is planned to be changed in a future release.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Hari_Reddy
Honored Contributor.

Hi Mark Thanks a lot for your usual support. I thought of checking the same for configuring SNMP traps at device end. Moreover, I see only one trap is possible for 3PAR arrays. Can we add user provided MIBs and OIDs in SOM to get other traps for 3PARs / Switches ? Thanks, Hari
Mark_Butler
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Hello Hari,

There is the 'Configuring Incidents" section within the Users Guide (P. 287).  There is also a section on P. 682 that talks about Custom Incident Attributes with additional information below it.

Unfortunately, custom Incidents are not currently supported.  I know that they are working on that feature in a future release.

Currently, there is no option to import custom MIBs that I am aware of within the product.

3PAR Incidents that are supported are more than one trap.  It is a classification of traps called alertNotify.  It is not the full set of traps for 3PAR, but it is more than one trap.

Additional Incidents/Events are planned to be included within the next release of the product.  The next release is currently planned for later this month.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/