Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Storage Essential Installer issue

Highlighted
Tulip Agarwal
Acclaimed Contributor

HP Storage Essential Installer issue

I am working with HP Storage Essential 6.0. I am facing an issue that whenever I run "setup.exe" provided in "HP Storage Essentials Storage Resource Management Enterprise Edition version 6.0 software for Windows" installation, the installer just does not do anything . It just opens up a dialog box and it just stays there and nothing happens.

If anyone has encountered the same problem please let me know if there is any solution to this.

I have downloaded the following components from the HP EMAP website. Please tell me if I need something else to make the installer run. If I am running wrong "exe", please let me know:-

-HP Storage Essentials Storage Resource Management Enterprise Edition version 6.0 software for Windows
-HP Storage Essentials Storage Resource Management version 6.0 CIM Extensions Disk 1 (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, Linux, Tru64, Windows)
-HP Storage Essentials Storage Resource Management version 6.0 Oracle Standard Edition for Windows
-HP Storage Essentials Storage Resource Management version 6.0 Utilities
-HP Management 7.9 Systems Insight Manager version 5.1 SP1 for Storage Essentials version 6.0

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY
RM782
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP Storage Essential Installer issue

The way I do it is as follows:

1. create a folder on your server no spaces in the name eg: StorageEssentials.
2. copy CDs in to the folder.
3. open Dos prompt on server navigate to the folder where the cd were copied to. go go to the oracle folder disk1.
4. inst.cmd
5. when finished open another dos window and install the patch.
5. open another dos prompt an install the critical patch Oracle10gCPUOct2007Patch.
6. when finished close the dos windows install installmanager.
7. if install SIM on the same box do it now.
8 install sim connector.
9. reboot server
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event