Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis pane graphs of storages need to show priveous one week data.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Hari_Reddy
Frequent Visitor

Analysis pane graphs of storages need to show priveous one week data.

Hello Team, Please let me know, Is it possible to get the graphs of 3PAR storages Data Rate, I/O Rate, Queue Depth, Response Time ... etc(these graphs in Analysis pane are availalbe only for Last one day) for last week as like Raw Capacity, Logical Usage, Thp allocation and Thp Usage (these graphs have shown for Last one week) of 3 PAR storage. Thanks, Hari
4 REPLIES
Mark_Butler
HPE Expert

Re: Analysis pane graphs of storages need to show priveous one week data.

Hello Hari,

The information within the SOM database is only maintained for a short time and not maintained for more than a week by default.  Most data is only maintained for 2 days on the SOM management server.

What you wish to see is stored within the SOM Reporter (OBR).  You can create reports for all of the 3PAR performance items that you mentioned within SOM Reporter where the information is maintained for a longer period of time (RAW stats are maintained for a default of 90 days).

Performance information is obtained within the 3PAR Performance Universe (SOM_HP3PARPerfReporting Universe) and is separate from the for the default Storage Operations Manager information.  You will need to create a custom report(s), which could contain graphs, within SOM Reporter (OBR).

I hope that this helps answer your questions.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Hari_Reddy
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mark, Thanks for the update. We are in the process of integrating SOM with OBR, hopefully all the required standard reports will be available in OBR. I have also read in some documents like Storage system, pools DTT analytics and storage systems unused volumes analytics views will be shown in SOM only if we enable OBR integration. One Question related to views/graphs in SOM. Do we have any log files which will capture graphs plotting information for any of the storage elements in SOM ? It will be useful to troubleshoot if any one of the graps is missing in future ? Thanks, Hari
Mark_Butler
HPE Expert

Hello Hari,

Let me help set some of your expectations when it comes to the OBR integration.

There are no standard reports for performance.  You have to create them if you want them.

As for the information within the graphs, there are no 'logs' for them.  They are stored within the SOM DB.  The loading of information into the graph may be within the SOM.log or SOM-Trace.log files.  There is a way to enable additional tracing if necessary.

SOM exports the information into csv files that are then transferred to the OBR server to populate that information within OBR.  All previous SOM data prior to the integration will not be present.  You may need to use the sominventorydataexportondemand.ovpl command to force an export of all of the data to start rather than just the new data within the SOM DB.

Example:
sominventorydataexportondemand.ovpl -category host
sominventorydataexportondemand.ovpl -category switch
sominventorydataexportondemand.ovpl -category storagesystem
sominventorydataexportondemand.ovpl -category fabric
sominventorydataexportondemand.ovpl -category inferredhost

I hope that this information is helpful.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Hari_Reddy
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hi Mark,
Thanks a lot for your additional support and information.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event