I'm just testing patch 7 (435) (sm9.21.624) on one of our test web servers (version sm9.21.551/tomcat 6.0). I have just loaded the patch on one of our web servers (we have 4 tomcat instances and I have only patched 1 but the others are stopped) following hp instructions. The todo view and any search returns are missing all the entries after the server is restarted, prior to the restart they all displayed correctly. The application opens with the system navigator displaying ok but nothing is displayed in the right hand pane under any of our modules. The web.xml has been customized to reflect our local ports and load balancers, also ssl and ess are set to false as we dont use them. which if any of the parameters in the web.xml effects the todo views and the other views under searches? I have search the .xml but can't identify any of the relevant parameters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
just a quick up date Its displaying as no records selected on the message bar for any of the modules problem/requests/incidents this is as sys admin with assignment groups and the views are set up correctly.
This probably isn't in the web.xml file. Have you turned on any of your other Tomcat instances to check and see if it's working correctly there? And it's working correctly in the thick client, correct?
I haven't implemented 9.21p7 web, so I don't know if it differs in the implementation at all... Could you have deleted some of the jsp files by any chance? What's the size of the sm webapp directory as compared to your other working Tomcat instances?
We are getting theis error displayed when we open the web session and sm 9 is displayed User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) Timestamp: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 16:57:05 UTC
Message: Exception thrown and not caught Line: 3219 Char: 67 Code: 0 URI: _https://amsmweb.tst.logis.r.mil.uk/ServiceManager/gwt/9.21.624/com.hp.ov.sm.client.webtier.gwt.list.SmList/B82A84C9434A865E5D5FD8087F1AF447.cache.html
Message: 'this.a.a.j.e' is null or not an object Line: 3876 Char: 153 Code: 0 URI: _https://amsmweb.tst.logis.r.mil.uk/ServiceManager/gwt/9.21.624/com.hp.ov.sm.client.webtier.gwt.list.SmList/B82A84C9434A865E5D5FD8087F1AF447.cache.html
Hi we have found the problem, it was the web.xml lwsso parameters missing. also our load balancer has an issue. we are now able to view the details correctly. thanks for your responses this can now be closed.