I'm attempting to turn on SMTP e-mails in Service Manager 9.30.511. So far I have added the smtp parameters to the sm.ini file. I added the emailout process to the startup Initialization Registry. I verified that the SMTPMail process is running in the System Status. When I attempt to send a message via ServiceManager Mail I receive the message in the client "Mail has been scheduled to be sent to the specified users."
I then go to the sm.log to watch the e-mail message be sent and below is what I'm receiving. It appears as though the connection the smtp server is successful but the e-mail is still failing to be sent. Can anyone help me track down what the issue might be? Do you know what SCAuto error 801 might refer to?
3444( 1704) 05/09/2013 08:21:33 RAD I Email has been sent to email@example.com.
3756( 672) 05/09/2013 08:21:33 JRTE I Connect to mail server sucessfully.outlook.upmc.edu:25
I am suspecnting that you are using IR and the IR file for probsummary are corrupted !
First to confirm this please run a verify ir on the ir.probsummary:
These are the steps: from Service Manager server RUN (through command prompt) launch: sm -util enter your choice: vrir Enter fully qualified name for the IR file: ir.probsummary the result will be printed in the sm.log
if you check the log and see that some records are corrupted then you will need to:
Remove the IR Key in the probsummary dbdict (to stop the IR) AND Perform an IR Regen in the probsummary dbdict
I hope this helps you!
P.S. I did a research on SCAuto error 801 but nothing comes up in the knowledge database about this.