i'm tring to upgrade SM 7.11 to SM 9.3 when i run Data Scan Utility tool to scan tables for null fields, it give me the error "Function scantable is not known to the RTEFUNC function (apm.upgrade.data.scan,scan.data)".
i think the error in RTE. i installed SM 9.3 on the same server that holds SM 7.11, but i don't know how to upgrade RTE to 9.3. can anybody please help on this.
i run the command sm -unlockdatabase command from sm 9.3 run folder, but i still get the error
796( 3040) 06/24/2010 06:54:18 RTE I Command line: sm -unlockdatabase 796( 3040) 06/24/2010 06:54:18 RTE I Process sm 9.30.021 (021) System: 13080 (0x784DFB00) on PC (x86 32-bit) running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP1 (6.0 Build 6001) from WIN-T494NN24ERU (10.0.2.15) 796( 3040) 06/24/2010 06:54:18 RTE I Process attaching to resources with key 0x784DFB00 796( 3040) 06/24/2010 06:54:18 RTE E lkhook: Could not get semaphores using file name Global\SM.LOCK.13080.11 796( 3040) 06/24/2010 06:54:18 RTE E Error 2 in call OpenSemaphore - The system cannot find the file specified. 796( 3040) 06/24/2010 06:54:18 RTE I -Memory : S(51584) O(100380) MAX(151964) - MALLOC's Total(99) 796( 3040) 06/24/2010 06:54:18 RTE I Thread termination in progress.
is there some thing wrong with the application or this is a missing step?
this is my first post to the new forum communitiy. is here a pointing system as the old forum or just when i found the solution i just mark it as an accepte solution.
2300( 8044) 12/03/2009 13:00:00 RTE I Using "utalloc" memory manager 2300( 8044) 12/03/2009 13:00:00 RTE E lkhook: Could not get semaphores using file name Global\SM.LOCK.13080.0 2300( 8044) 12/03/2009 13:00:00 RTE E Error 0 in call OpenSemaphore - The operation completed successfully. 2300( 8044) 12/03/2009 13:00:00 RTE D Total number of recorded stacks: 0 2300( 8044) 12/03/2009 13:00:00 RTE I Process termination cleanup complete for pid(2300)
the suggested workaround is:
1. revert udp.xml to the previous versions. 2. remove jgroups-2.7.0.jar file from RUN/lib folder. 3. copy jgroups-2.5.0.jar from 7.02 to RUN/lib folder.
BTW do you have any scaling? This solution is for Vertical Scaling.
P.S. you can give also kudos to forum members if you are happy with thier response :)
If you find this post useful/helpful click the Kudo star on this post!
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
thanks a lot for your help, you were so helpful to me. Finally I found the reason that were causing the problem. I thought that the sm 9.3 will install the instant on license when I upload data with the configuration tool, but it is not, I have to do it manually, I created the LicFile.txt in the run directory and then I run the command sm -InstanatOn, after that every thing goes normally. the SM 9.3 is connected to sm 7 database, after applying the sm -unlocdatabase command.
Your replies shows me that, I should connect with sm9 to sm 7 database and should run sm -unlocdatabase command